Combined Schedules of All RoRos
Bacolod to Iloilo
- 12MN Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023)
- 2AM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 4AM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 6AM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 6:00 AM FF Cruz Shipping from EB Magalona to Ajuy, Iloilo | Arrives at 07:20 AM (only on selected days)
- 8AM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 10AM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 12:00 NN FF Cruz Shipping from EB Magalona to Ajuy, Iloilo | Arrives at 13:20 (only on selected days)
- 12NN Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 2PM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 3PM FastCast BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 1 hour travel time
- 4PM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 6PM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 7PM FastCast BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 1 hour travel time
- 8PM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 10PM Montenegro BREDCO to Dumangas (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
Dumangas,Iloilo to Bacolod
- 12MN | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 2AM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 6AM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 8AM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 10AM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 12NN FastCast Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 1 hour travel time
- 12NN | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 2PM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 4PM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 5PM FastCast Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 1 hour travel time
- 6PM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 8PM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
- 10PM | Montenegro | Dumangas to BREDCO (updated Dec 2023) | 2 hrs travel time
Tip: If you are going to Boracay via commute, you may go to a Ceres Terminal and buy a ticket going to “Cubao Manila” via Caticlan. The bus will directly stop in front of Jetty Port in Caticlan. I rode a 6PM roro and found this bus going to Cubao. I was able to ride but in standing/open ticket status. So it’s better to book, and get a dedicated seat from the Ceres Terminal.
Bringing your car or motorcycle to Bacolod/Negros or Iloilo? Or cheaper ways to cross the Guimaras Strait? This is the guide for RoRo vessels from Bacolod to Iloilo. This post contains roro schedules, fares, online booking options, tips how to onboard roro, contact numbers and reservation policies.
Bacolod and Iloilo are twin cities. We think we are separated by the sea, but it actually in connects us. I can help our lands stay connected.
RoRos are ships designed to carry vehicles such as motorcycles, trucks and four wheeled cars. Also cheaper options for passengers, usually fare is 60% to 80% lower. Roro travel time is 2 hours, while fastcrafts are 1.5 hours as of Dec 2019.
Ways to cross Negros and Panay
- All RoRos (except Fast Cat) are from BREDCO to Dumangas and Vice Versa
- FastCat RoRo is from Bacolod Banago Pier (One trip is to BREDCO now – March 2022) to Iloilo City Ferry Terminal
- All fastcrafts (BREDCO to Iloilo City and Vice Versa)
When to Use RoRo?
- If you wanna bring a car, so you can go directly to your destination in another island at your own pace, at your own time.
- Missed the last trip of the fast craft in Iloilo City or Bacolod? Worry not, choose RoRo! (But consider your arrival points)
- If you wanna transport bulk or truck-load of goods.
- Cheaper way of crossing the Guimaras Strait. (But consider your arrival point)
Terminal fees are the sum of money that you pay for the maintenance of the ports. Note that BREDCO in Bacolod is private-owned. Dumangas Iloilo and Ilo city ports are public-owned or GOCC-owned, hence cheaper.
Dumangas RoRo Terminal Fee
- Motorcycle/Trike: 65php
- 4 wheels: 129php
- 6 wheels: 258
- 8 wheels: 516 php
- Passenger only: P30
The following are exempted to pay the terminal fee in Dumangas:
- Senior Citizens
- Selected AFP Personnel
Please present your ID.
Tristar has the most numerous trips so far. However, her arrival point in Iloilo is in Dumangas, Iloilo Province, not in the city. If you’re commuting, you can still take a trike to Dumangas town and get a van or jeep.
If you’re bringing your own car, I recommend taking the iloilo coastal road to the city. But be careful in coastal road because this is prone to accidents especially at night. There are areas where you will pass by salt beds and some roads don’t have barriers. You don’t want to swim into the salty mud! (Also, do not merely rely on the autoroutes given by Map apps! I almost got lost once in the middle of forests of the Panay island lol)
TriStar Rates effective March 30, 2022
- Passenger Rates
- Adult: 80php
- Children: 40php
- Student: 60php
- Senior Citizen: 55php
- Truck Rates
- 4 wheeler pickup
- Empty: 1,000
- Loaded: 1,400
- 4 wheeler light vehicle: 1,400 php
- 4 wheeler truck
- E: 1,400
- L: 1,800
- 6 wheeler short chassis
- E: 1,800
- L: 2,100
- 6 wheeler canter/eleft
- E: 2,100
- L: 2,400
- 6 wheeler forward/fighter
- E: 2,400
- L: 2,700
- 6 wheeler super long
- E: 2,700
- L: 3,000
- 10 wheeler
- E: 2,700
- L: 3,000
- TPM 20 footers
- E: 4,000
- L: 4,600
- TPM 40 footers
- E: 5,200
- L: 6,000
- Tractor Head: 2,700
- Motorcycle: 350
- Motorcycle Bigbike: 650
- E: 400
- L: 600
- 4 wheeler pickup
Contact numbers and reservation policy
- For reservations, call:
- (034) 4930-414
- (034) 4930-497
- Reserve at least one day before scheduled trip
- STRICTLY: Reservations will not be accepted on the day of the trip at the port
- Tristar Policy Actual Reference
- Reservation Times
- Mondays to Saturdays: 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Sundays: 7:30am to 3:00pm
Montenegro RoRo Schedules (taken Dec 1, 2023)
Bacolod to Dumangas (departure times)
Montenegro RoRo Schedules (taken Dec 1, 2023)
Dumangas to Bacolod (departure times)
Contact numbers and reservation policy
- Contact numbers:
- (034) 704-2322
- NO ADVANCED BOOKING
- First Come-First Served Policy
- Tickets are issued 1 hour before
🚢 Millenium Uno
Millenium Lakbay Uno RoRo (DAILY Schedule)
Contact numbers and reservation policy:
- Telephone number: (034) 433-9360
- RESERVATIONS ALLOWED: For reservations, contact:
- May-may: 0920-969-5122
- Vessel: 09228231420
Fast Cat is the most sosyal roro so far. She’s clean, posh, modern, innovative, and trailblazing. Her design was inspired by the catamaran vessels which was apt for tropical climates.
Before, Fast Cat was my plan B if I missed the last trip in Iloilo because her departure point is the same as the fast craft’s. But because of the pandemic, her schedule decreased. Let’s hope it is revived soon.
Bacolod to Dumangas,Iloilo
- 1:00AM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Dumangas at 02:00AM
- 6:00AM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Dumangas at 07:00AM
- 8:00AM FastCat FCM3 | Arrives at Dumangas at 09:00AM
- 10:00AM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Dumangas at 11:00AM
- 12:00NN FastCat FCM3 | Arrives at Dumangas at 01:00PM
- 3:00PM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Dumangas at 04:00PM
Dumangas,Iloilo to Bacolod
- 04:00AM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Bacolod at 05:00AM
- 6:00AM FastCat FCM13 | Arrives at Bacolod at 07:00AM
- 8:00AM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Bacolod at 09:00AM
- 10:00AM FastCat FCM3 | Arrives at Bacolod at 11:00AM
- 12:00NN FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Bacolod at 01:00PM
- 05:00PM FastCat FCM16 | Arrives at Bacolod at 06:00PM
New: FF Cruz
NEW ROUTE: EB MAG - AJUY MARCH 2022
A new way to reduce travel time from North Negros to Northern Panay and vice versa. This is an ideal route if your businesses are Northern Negros and Northern Panay. This also opens up tourism to places like Boracay, Sicogon Island, Isla Gigantes, Lakawon in Cadiz, etc. The more options for transportation, the happier we will be.
However, from their FB page, the management said: Hello, we just opened eb mag and bay ang ports . However, we purposedly delayed deployment because of the tremendous fuel price hikes , our revised rates are still on process Once approved we shall deploy vessel initially on a twice a week schedules.partuclarly every wednesdays and Thursdays..Thank u.
- Ship name: FF Cruz Shipping
- Type: “RoRo”
- Travel time: 1:20 minutes
- Location in Negros: Brgy. Manta-angan, EB Magalona municipality
- Departure from Negros, fare prices: 10AM, Twice a week (to be confirmed by the management after fuel price hike adjustments)
- Location in Iloilo: Bay-ang Port, Ajuy, Iloilo
- Departure from Ajuy, fare prices: 3PM, Twice a week (to be confirmed by the management after fuel price hike adjustments)
- Distance from Bacolod: 28 kilometers)
- Servicing: Northern Panay and Northern Negros logistics
BANAGO to LAPUZ, ILOILO CITY
Note: Banago Wharf, Barangay Banago, Bacolod City is 4.8km away from the SM City Bacolod, 3.8 km to Robinsons Place Bacolod, 5.8km to Ceres South Terminal and 2.1km to Ceres Northbound (Pertoda) Terminal.
If you are from Bacolod docking to Lapuz, Iloilo City, it is just ~2km from the downtown/centra area of Iloilo City such as Atrium Commercial Center.
AS OF SEPT 2019, Fastcat 2AM TRIP FROM ILO was DISCONTINUED
DUMANGAS to BREDCO and VICE VERSA Route
Red Arrow = Land trip from Dumangas Pier to Iloilo City
Note: RoRo will dock at Dumangas, Iloilo Province which is 23.5km away from the city proper.
If you are from Iloilo docking at BREDCO Bacolod, it is only ~5 minutes from SM Bacolod City Proper / Downtown area.
How to Onboard Your Vehicle to RoRo
Actual Reference from Pier
How to Load Your Car to RoRo
Below are my practical first-hand experience in how to load car to RoRo.
- Head to BREDCO or Dumangas Pier. If you’re from Iloilo, I suggest take the coastal road so you travel faster. It’s a good highway.
- Pay Terminal Fee at the Security Guard.
- I thought I have to meet the coast guard first but both Bacolod and Iloilo no longer requires.
- At Dumangas, after guard, turn right and go down. You have to pay at a container van office for the terminal fee.
- At BREDCO, you’ll just pay at the security guard at the entrance (across 711 or Bongbongs). You don’t have to leave car, just pay by opening your window.
- I noticed BREDCO has higher fees compared to Iloilo
- There’s a “landing fee” in BREDCO. (You pay when you’re from Iloilo)
- Proceed in front of your chosen RoRo. Park your car along the road markings.
- Don’t park, and leave your car and wait inside the terminal building.
- Wait on your car while your AC is running. This way, you enlist first.
- Look for the person who lists the cars when the RoRo arrives. They’re usually holding a paper board, have sunglasses (if day time) and cap.
- Once he goes down, it will get crazy random. Other passengers will rush to him too. Be gentleman but firm. Approach him and say, “Boss, pa lista ko.” Point your car and have him list your plate number. Wait for your car plate number to be called. Or, you can open your window and constantly stare at him in the eyes until he does a hand gesture for you to come.
- If you have reserved, confirm from the man. Then wait to be called.
- Load your car by running on reverse. Four or five people will assist you in. Usually they put the long trucks first. Then the 4 wheelers.
- After your car settles on the boat, wait for the man to bill you. Pay and get the receipt. Some may pay while at the passenger area. Go up to the seaman control deck and ask where to pay.
- Keep your receipt and go up to the passenger area. Usually a part is non-aircon, sea-viewing deck and aircon area.
- Some passengers stay inside their car, turn the engine on and turn the AC on for 1 to 2 hours while chatting.
- The downside of reserving is you may not know if an earlier RoRo arrives compared to your trip.
- I met someone who arrived at 3:20 but he actually reserved at 4:30. A boat came at 3:30 which is not in the sked. The lister knows he’s at 4:30 and said, “just wait if you can still onboard”
- Sadly, I was the last one to onboard and he had no more space. He had to wait for another hour.
- So, you can reserve, but you can also be a chance passenger if you arrive earlier.
- But if you arrive late, I think your reservation is forfeited. You must wait manually.
- I suggest reserve or buy advanced ticket during peak season to ensure you don’t wait for many hours.
- Scroll down below to see each of their reservation policy and contacts
Satellite Map of the BREDCO RoRo Area
- RoRo Dock and Departure Area (to Dumangas)
- Old Fast Craft Area (Demolished on January 2019)
- Integrated SeaPort Terminal – where Weesam, OceanJet, SuperCat and 2Go to Manila Passengers converge (started December 2018).
- Entrance and Exit to BREDCO Terminal (Vehicle pass ticket is P12.00)
- BREDCO Terminal Fee Gates
- CoastGuard Area where you pay and Montenegro RoRo Area and Tristar RoRo Area
- RoRo Company Area (Millenium)
📞 Contact Numbers and Reservation Policy
Dumangas Terminal Authority (Jenesis Allied Services, Inc.)
- Address: Tabucan, Manduriao, Iloilo City
- Tel. No. (033-321-0444)
- Task Force Puerto: 885-2558
- Balabag Compac: 885-2559
- Bantud Fabrica: 885-2560
Is your priority more on saving money? I’ve compiled this list of cheap but comfortable hotels in Bacolod. You don’t want cheap but dirty. You don’t want cheap but unsafe. So it’s better to research and read reviews first. You can’t see some of these in online bookings. If you’re looking for standard hotels, see them here.
Bomb Joke Warning
- Bomb Joke or False Bomb Threat is a violation of P.D. 1727 with 5 years imprisonment, P40k fine or both.
Contact Numbers for Storm Alerts or Cancellations
Coast Guard Contacts
Bacolod Coast Guard (Banago)
Bacolod Coast Guard (BREDCO / Reclamation Area)
Pulupandan Coast Guard
- Negros Occidental Office: (034) 707-0170
- Iloilo Office: (033) 508-7183
- Trunkline: (033) 320-0093 local 105
How to Prepare when there is a Coming Storm
How to prepare and stay safe
What is a Public Storm Warning Signal #1?
At Public Storm Warning Signal #1, winds of 30-60 kph may be expected in at least 36 hours.
Sea conditions (open sea): Wave heights of 1.25-4 meters
Damage to structures:
- Very light or no damage to high-risk structures
- Light damage to medium- and low-risk structures
- Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities
Damage to vegetation:
- Some banana plants are tilted and a few may be downed; leavers are generally damaged
- Twigs of small trees may be broken
- Rice crops may suffer significant damage when they are in the flowering stage
Also see: Bacolod City Guide: History, Local Spots and Itineraries
So those were the relevant information that you would need when you cross the sea to or from Bacolod City.
Hopefully, after you scanned or read these Bacolod – Iloilo RoRo information, you will have a well-informed journey ahead.
Do you have anything to ask or suggest?
Just comment below and have a grace-filled journey!